US weighs drone threat from Cuba
Digest more
The Cuban Embassy in the U.S. on Thursday confirmed the U.S. formally offered $100 million in aid, but said it "remains unclear whether this aid will be in the form of cash or in-kind assistance, and whether it will be directed toward the people's most urgent needs at this time, such as fuel, food, and medicine."
Latin Times on MSN
Cuba accepts $100 million US aid offer as island runs out of oil
Cuba said Thursday it will accept a $100 million humanitarian aid offer from the United States as the island faces a deepening fuel collapse, widespread blackouts, and growing public frustration in Havana.
John Ratcliffe, the C.I.A. director, is the highest-ranking official in the Trump administration to visit the country.
The electricity went out Friday in Cuba, affecting the entire island's population of 10 million after one of its main power plants failed, according to Cuba’s energy ministry. On Friday evening, authorities announced power had been restored to about ...
Recent waves of emigration have left many older adults alone to fend for themselves.
Free Malaysia Today on MSN
CIA director visits Cuba as communist island runs out of oil
The visit comes during a deepening crisis in US-Cuba relations, with the island enduring constant power outages prompted by the US fuel blockade.
The visit comes as the island deals with a collapse of its energy sector amid rising tensions with the US.
Cuban officials on Friday announced that the island country has run out of oil and diesel as it grapples with a worsening humanitarian crisis in the face of increasing pressure from the Trump administration to change its ways under U.